Friday, November 12, 2010

She Gave Me Two Jade Fire-Flies to Light My Way

These are quite possibly, my favorite pair of earrings. I was heartbroken when I couldn't find them for the past few months and then they turned up in my side-table drawer. Like magic.

The earrings are "clip-studs" made of Jade and wrapped in gold.

People have been commenting on how "cute" they are when I wear them. It's flattering and I do appreciate the compliments, however, I wanted to air out something more about these earrings. These earrings are more than just "cute" to me. They were a present from one of my aunts who recently passed away. The last time I saw her, she took them off of her ears and pressed them in my hands. She wanted me to have them. It was her way of saying goodbye. I always feel like she's with me when I put them on, so it was particularly traumatic when I couldn't find these earrings for a really long time. I felt like I let her down in a way. It's a miracle they were found. Really.

My aunt was a fire-cracker of sorts. She was always so loud. Just like these earrings. Bright and lightning-green. She was always so energetic. I loved her so much. I know she loved me too, a lot. It's a wonderful feeling to be loved like my aunt loved me. To be one of her "bebes" (her babies) . It's still a shock to think that she's not here anymore causing her usual mayhem. She always inspired me to be my own person and do my own thing. I hope I do her proud.






No comments:

Post a Comment