Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Get Even

Meet "Get Even", a brass and glass antique brooch retooled and refurbished into a fist pump worthy two-finger ring. I found the brooch while searching for long unloved finery at some local antique stores as a way to clear my head in light of upcoming final exams.
The beautiful green of the center gem caught my eye and the details of the old metal work blew me away.
I am always attracted to beautiful items by the way they make me feel. The brooch inspired so much possibility despite being tarnished and broken (the pin on the back was falling off and the metal enclosure kept coming loose.) I knew I had to have it for my own and give it new life. The result was a statement making modern gem with a touch of old world flair.
A bright pick-me-up is always welcome in light of all the recent stress and anxiety. A great reminder to never give in to negativity.
So here's to finding the new in the old. Here's to turning things around. Here's to getting even.

No comments:

Post a Comment