Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Current Urge: Cloth Bib Necklace

My creativity comes in "urges." There are certain sources of inspiration that urge me to create something of my own. The current urge came in three steps.

(1) I have a dear friend, who, for the purposes of this blog shall be called "Mona." Mona is allergic to metals and posed a design challenge to create a necklace in spite of these allergies. Simple solution: cloth bib necklace.

(2) With this thought in mind, I started to Google "cloth bib necklace" to get some design ideas. These are some of the images I found that I liked:


Source: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjizArlyyzuA09SQ8W6klp72VBjkfsAKtKPRDcjWVR9PmXm0XKLZrx4G7-x_Hsionf4Nf1s30q0bBu0Jyy88dNQwF0rO9kb1xlQgsUNhIAx2DVuerukE_M_qqhi83LMYVz6TOkTmTD6iHKb/s400/banana+republic+coiled+bib+necklace.jpg


Source: http://thegloss.com/files/2009/07/vera-wang-crystal-bib-necklace-3.jpg


(3) Then I googled "bib necklace" and found this:


I completely forgot about this beautiful necklace that Amy Adams wore once upon a time and I fell back in love with the colors and straight-forward shape. Hopefully my cloth interpretation will do the design justice and make Mona proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment